Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
04/09 - Macy’s Flower Show 2018 Plant Sale - 2018’s season’s “Once Upon a Springtime” show imagines an amazing world of wonder. In celebration of the first chapter of spring, the first floor of Macy’s will be reimagined with over 130 varieties of flowers, trees and plants. Pier 30-32: Bart from the Millbrae station to Embarcadero station. Walk 1 minute to Metro Embarcadero station. Take bus to The Embarcadero & Brannan St. Walk 2 minutes to 599 The Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94105.
04/10 - “Dolores” Activist Film Screening & Panel Discussion - Join for a free screening of Dolores on April 10th at 6 pm. This Indie Lens Pop-Up film screening event includes a post-screening panel discussion with Bay Area activists. Be inspired by the all-women panelto take action and be involved in your community. Bayview Opera House: Bart from the Millbrae station to Glen Park station.Walk 1 minute to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 to Palou Ave & 3rd St. Walk 2 minutes to 4705 3rd St San Francisco, CA 94124.
04/11 - The Laugh Boat: Local Brews & Free Comedy - Every 2nd Wednesday in San Francisco, comedians Jill Maragos, Phil Griffiths and Andrew Orolfo host the best local and nationally touring stand-up comedians in the welcoming and homey space of Ocean Ale House. Ocean Ale House: Bart from Milbrae station to Balboa Park station. Walk 12 minutes to 1314 Ocean Ave San Francisco, CA 94112.
04/12 - 1st San Francisco Grilled Cheese Eating Contest - The day has come. The challenge will be to eat every single grilled cheese guy made in order classic, frenchy, nacho guyz, mechanical turk, etc, barf. 5 will be chosen to enter and contestants will be announced April 9th. Grilled Cheese Guy: Bart from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 3 minutes to 529 Stevenson St San Francisco, CA 94103.
04/13 - 2018 Sidewalk Arts & Crafts Show: Friday - West Portal’s 30th Annual Fine Arts and Crafts Show takes place in the heart of one of San Francisco’s West Portal neighborhood from 10 am to 5 pm April 13-15, 2018. West Portal Ave: Bart from the Millbrae station to 24th St Mission station. Walk 1 minute to 24th St & Mission St. Take bus 48 to Ulloa St & West Portal Ave. Walk 1 minute to 32 W Portal Ave
04/14 - 2018 Cherry Blossom Festival: Saturday - The Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival, said to be the second largest festival outside of Washington, D.C., celebrates the blooming of cherry blossoms at one of three remaining Japantowns in the United States. Japantown Peace Plaza: Bart from the Millbrae station to Powell St station.Walk 6 minutes to Geary Blvd & Powell St. Take bus 38 to Geary Blvd & Gough St. Walk 3 minutes to Post St San Francisco, CA.
04/15 - Historic 1920s-1950s Italian Race Car Show “The California Mille” - Cars that could have qualified for Italy’s thousand mile event that ran from 1927-1957, will arrive at San Francisco’s Nob Hill from a dozen states and two foreign countries on Sunday, April 15. The public is invited to see the cars and meet the drivers in front of the Fairmont Hotel. The Fairmont: Bart from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 1 minute to Powell St & Market St. Take cable car to Powell St & California St. Walk 3 minutes to 950 Mason St San Francisco, CA 94108.
04/18 - 05/18 - PBWC 2018 Professional Business Woman of California - Moscone Center welcomes back the Professional Business Women's Conference!
04/16 - 04/19 - RSA Conference 2018 - As an information security professional, your work is never truly done. A new threat here. An advancing challenge there. All the more reason why you need to stay one step ahead of the cyber curve. RSA Conference 2018 is here to help you do just that. As the world’s leading cybersecurity event, we bring together professionals from all sides of the field—CISOs to security engineers—to give you the perspectives and insights you need to conquer looming risks and leave hackers in the dust.
Moscone Convention Center: 747 Howard St.- BART to Powell St., walk 0.4 miles.
1/27 - 5/27 - Designed in California - Exploring the shifting landscape of design in California since the digital revolution, this exhibition focuses on designs that are human-centered, socially conscious, and driven by new technological capacity. Retreating from the commercialism of Modernism’s “good design for all,” California designers in the 1960s and 70s sought to design with more political, social, and environmental awareness. SFMOMA: BART to Powell St, walk to 3rd St 0.3 miles
2/10 - 5/28 - Casanova: The Seduction of Europe - Casanova: The Seduction of Europe explores the eighteenth century across Europe through the eyes of one of its most colorful characters, Giacomo Casanova. Gathering together paintings, sculpture, works on paper, furnishings, porcelain, silver, and period costume, The Seduction of Europe will bring the visual wealth of Casanova’s world to life. Legion of Honor: Bart to Daly City, Bus 57 - Lakeshore Plaza, walk to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd, Bus 18 - Legion of Honor, walk to 34th Ave
04/1-08/19 - Japan Galleries in Focus - The Japanese collection is second in size only to Chinese among the museum’s collections. Its fifty-five hundred Japanese art works, including ceramics, baskets, paintings, and prints, range from as early as 3000 BCE to the twenty-first century. Asian Art Museum: Bart from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco, CA 94102.
04/2-06/10 - Genre-Nonconforming: The DIS Edutainment Network - DIS is a New York–based collective formed of Lauren Boyle, Solomon Chase, Marco Roso, and David Toro. DIS works across a wide range of media, most recently transitioning platforms from an online magazine to a video-streaming edutainment channel. The group has become the central nucleus of an ever-growing international community of artists, musicians, photographers, writers, and designers. De Young Museum: Bart from Millbrae staton to Glen Park station. Walk 1 minute to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 to Music Concourse Dr. Walk 3 minutes to 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr San Francisco, CA 94118.
San Francisco Giants
April 9 - 11, 2018....
San Francisco Giants VS Arizona Diamondbacks
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to AT&T Park....
International Chocolate Festival
April 21-22, 2018
A Must Visit 2-Day Event for the Chocolate Curious, Fans, Gourmands, Chocolate Home Chefs, Innovators and Artisan Makers. Join chocolate entrepreneurs and explore the inspiration, inventiveness and modern spirit from brain to bean to bar, bonbons and beyond.
Enjoy culinary and chocolate demonstrations, and talks on what makes up fine chocolate, where it comes from, how it is made differently, etc. A portion of the proceeds will benefit local non profits and food banks.
San Mateo Event Center is only 10 minutes from The Dylan Hotel
Maker Faire Bay Area 2018
May 18 - 20, 2018
The Greatest Show (& Tell) on Earth. Maker Faire is part science fair, part county fair, and part something entirely new! As a celebration of the Maker Movement, it's a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness.
San Mateo Event Center - From The Dylan Hotel take the Caltrain to Hayward Park.
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 – 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour – ½ Day
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Victorian Houses,
Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach and Presidio National Park
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Muir Woods – Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean–style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Super Combo Tour – Full Day
Includes San Francisco, Sausalito, and Muir Woods Tour. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Victorian Houses, Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach, Presidio National Park, Muir Woods National Monument and Sausalito
Adults: $109 / Seniors: $105 / Children: $58
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods’ Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2-½ hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours – Full Day
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's -famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish. Then stroll, shop, dine and relax at Historic Sonoma Plaza with shops and restaurants. Tour operates Daily.
Adults: $91 / Seniors: $89 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel - Full Day
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
You will pass by the rocky shores of Pacific Grove; wind through 17 mile Drive with stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses; Del Monte Forest; Pebble Beach and your final destination, Carmel by the sea with its downtown shopping district, beautiful beaches and historic Mission.
Adults: $97 / Seniors: $95 / Children: $56
with: Monterey Bay Aquarium
Adults: $127 / Seniors: $125 / Children: $76
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman’s Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco