Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
02/13 - SF-Style Masquerade Ball - Mardi Gras San Francisco Style will again bring San Francisco’s historic Fillmore Music District to life with rhythm & blues, a colorful family-friendly carnival atmosphere, along with face painting, street artists, and performers. The free blues concert will be held at Fillmore & O’Farrell streets, followed by a second line New Orleans style processional down the Fillmore Corridor, starting at Fillmore and Golden Gate at 6:30. Westbay Conference Center: Caltrain to 22nd St. station.Walk 7 minutes to 20th St. Take the bus to Fillmore and Eddy St. Walk 1 minutes to 1290 Fillmore St. San Francisco, CA.
02/14 - Free Valentine’s Day Summer of Love Tour - With a guitar-toting tour guide, explore the famed the psychedelic district that rocked 1960’s Americainto a technicolor wonderland. Oak and Ashbury St: Caltrain to 4th & King St. Walk 1 minute to Townsend St. and 5th.Take bus 47 to Market St. and South Van Ness St. (13minutes). Take bus 6 to Masonic ave and Haight St. (10 minutes). Walk 3 minutes to Ashbury and Oak.
02/15 - Free Museum & Gallery Crawl: Yerba Buena - Yerba Buena Third Thursdays is a monthly outing of art, performance, music, and drinks in the Yerba Buena neighborhood in the heart of downtown San Francisco, between 2nd and 5th Street, and Market and Harrison Street. Yerba Buena Center for the Arts: Caltrain to San Francisco @ 4th and King St. Bus 30 to 3rd St. and Stevenson. (6minutes) Walk 1 minute to 701 Mission St. San Francisco, CA.
02/16 “The Retrieval” Human Trafficking Art Show: Opening Reception - On view February 16 through April 7, 2018, this first solo exhibition at the new SFAC Main Galleryfeatures drawings and sculpture that respond to the disappearance of young Black women and female-identifying women due to various abuses and the current human trafficking trade. San Francisco Arts Comission: Caltrain to San Francisco @ 4th and King St. Walk 1 minuteo to Townsend and 5th St. Take bus 47 to Van Ness ave and Mcallister St. Walk 1 minute to 401 Van Ness Ave. San Francisco, CA.
02/16 - Underground Art Gallery’s Open Bar Party & Comedy Night - Now they’ve got HellaFunny to throw a brand new weekly underground comedy show, “The Hangover.” For just $10, you’ll get a full hour comedy show from some of SF’s best rising comics from Cobb’s, SF Sketchfest, Punchline and more… plus an open bar. That’s right, free drinks. The Will Room: Caltrain to San Francisco @ 4th & King St. Walk 1 minute to Townsend St. and 5th St. Take bus 47 to Market St. and South Van Ness Ave. (13 minutes). Walk 10 minutes to 568 Hayes St. San Francisco, CA.
02/16 - Crazy in Love: ’00s Hip Hop Party - If you’re feeling some ’00s Hip Hop, then you’ll want to head to Mezzanine for Late Registration’s Crazy in Love party — what they’re dubbing the ultimate hookup party on Friday, February 16, 2018. Mezzanine: Caltrain to San Francisco 22nd St. station. Walk 8 minutes to Third St. and 20th St. Take bus from Balboa Park station to Powell St. station. Walk 3 minutes to 444 Jessie St. San Francisco, CA.
02/17 - Little Organic Farm’s Free Seasonal Cooking Demo & Tasting - This waterfront market, run by the Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture (CUESA), has over 100 food, fruit, and vegetable vendors on Saturdays and the entire Bay as its beautiful backdrop. Ferry Building: Caltrain to San Francisco @ 4th & King St. Take bus to Metro Embarcadero station. Walk 4 minutes to the Embarcadero and Ferry Plaza.
02/17 - SF Beer Week – Hops on Fire: Spicy Food & IPA Festival - It’s a rare chance to spend your Saturday with 20+ of the West Coast’s top IPAs at Hops on Fire, part of SF Beer Week. Plus 10+ food trucks serving spicy food and a Hop-Xibit where you can learn all about IPAs from industry pros. Soma Street Food Park: Caltrain to San Francisco @ 4th & King St. Walk 1 minute to Townsend St. and %th St. Take bus 47 to 11th St. and Harrison St. Walk 1 minute to 428 11th St. San Francisco, CA.
02/17 - 5th Annual Beer BBQ - SF Beer Week is a ten day celebration that showcases the Bay Area’s brewing heritage and contemporary craft beer scene. La Trappe Face: Caltrain to San Francisco @ 4th & King St. Walk 1 minute to Townsend St. and 4th St. Take bus 40 to Columbus Ave. and Mason St. Walk 1 minute to 800 Greenwich St. San Francisco, CA.
02/18 - Tulipmania 2018: Final Day - Experience botanical bliss as Pier 39 comes alive with the vibrant colors of more than 39,000 blooming tulips and seasonal garden favorites during the annual Tulipmania flower festival. Pier 39: Get on US 101 N. from E. Millbrae Ave. Continue on US 101 San Francisco. Take the Embarcadero to your destination. Pier 39.
2/13-2/14 - Molercular Med Tri-Con 2018 - Molecular Med TRI-CON 2018 is the premier event on on molecular medicine and diagnostics. Attracting over 3,500 drug discovery and development professionals from over 40 countries, the Tri-Conference has grown into a diverse event, focusing on Molecular Medicine, specifically on Discovery, Genomics, Diagnostics and Information Technology. Moscone Convention Center: 747 Howard St.- BART to Powell St., walk 0.4 miles.
2/17-2/21 - Biophysical Society - As science becomes increasingly interdisciplinary, the Biophysical Society Annual Meeting continues its long-held reputation for bringing together leading scientists from the all over the world who work at the interface of the life, physical, and computational sciences. Moscone Convention Center: 747 Howard St.- BART to Powell St., walk 0.4 miles.
02/18 - 2018 Lunar New Year Celebration at Asian Art Museum - Roll in the Year of the Dog with talented dancers, musicians and storytellers at the Asian Art Museum’s annual Lunar New Year Celebration. This year’s celebration features Chinese acrobatics and lion dance drumming with local favorite Red Panda Acrobats. Asian Art Museum: Bart to Mission St. and San Jose ave. Take bus 14 to Mission St. and 8th St. Walk 6 minutes to 200 Larkin St. San Francisco, CA.s.
1/27 - 5/27 - Designed in California - Exploring the shifting landscape of design in California since the digital revolution, this exhibition focuses on designs that are human-centered, socially conscious, and driven by new technological capacity. Retreating from the commercialism of Modernism’s “good design for all,” California designers in the 1960s and 70s sought to design with more political, social, and environmental awareness. SFMOMA: BART to Powell St, walk to 3rd St 0.3 miles
Spirit of the Flame Challenge
February 23–25, 2018
Attend California’s Premier Gymnastics Event featuring high level competition with top gymnastics teams from the USA and around the world. There will be fun for everyone with competitions, special events and/or prizes for athletes.
San Mateo County Event Center is just 6 miles driving distance from The Dylan Hotel
2018 Mexican National Team U.S. Tour
World Cup-bound Iceland has been selected as Mexico's opponent for the upcoming National Team U.S. Tour at Levi's® Stadium on Friday, March 23. Mexico and Iceland have previously faced off in three separate matches, with the Mexican National Team holding a 1-0-2 advantage.
From The Dylan Hotel - Caltrain to Mountain View, VTA to Levi's Stadium.
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 – 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour – ½ Day
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Victorian Houses,
Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach and Presidio National Park
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Muir Woods – Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean–style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Super Combo Tour – Full Day
Includes San Francisco, Sausalito, and Muir Woods Tour. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Victorian Houses, Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach, Presidio National Park, Muir Woods National Monument and Sausalito
Adults: $109 / Seniors: $105 / Children: $58
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods’ Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2-½ hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours – Full Day
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's -famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish. Then stroll, shop, dine and relax at Historic Sonoma Plaza with shops and restaurants. Tour operates Daily.
Adults: $91 / Seniors: $89 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel - Full Day
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
You will pass by the rocky shores of Pacific Grove; wind through 17 mile Drive with stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses; Del Monte Forest; Pebble Beach and your final destination, Carmel by the sea with its downtown shopping district, beautiful beaches and historic Mission.
Adults: $97 / Seniors: $95 / Children: $56
with: Monterey Bay Aquarium
Adults: $127 / Seniors: $125 / Children: $76
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman’s Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco