Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
03/19 - “Resistance is Fertile” Free Comedy Night - Nicole Calasich and Shelbi Evans bring you Resistance is Fertile featuring the Bay Area’s best comics to discuss the times they were cowards, the eternal struggle of standing up for yourself, and the art of giving in. The Rite Spot: Bart from Millbrae station to 16th St Mission station. Walk 6 minutes to 2099 Folsom St San Francisco, CA 94110.
03/20 - 2018 SF Bay Area Science Fair: Public Viewing Day - The 2018 San Francisco Bay Area Science Fair is back at the San Francisco County Fair Building in Golden Gate Park, and you can come check out what local students have dreamed up, concocted, constructed and proven with real science (and those trusty tri-fold poster boards) during the special public viewing day, from 10 am to 4 pm on March 20, 2018. Hall of Flowers: Bart from Milbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk 1 minute to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 to 9th ave & Lincoln Way.
03/21 - Urban Nerf Gun Spy Game: March Weeknight Edition - Jericho is an urban spy game with Nerf guns played sneaky in public settings all over SF like malls and parks, where everyone assumes the role of a spy like a giant secret game of Capture the Flag. Union Square: Bart from Millbrae station to Powell station. Walk 7 minutes to 333 Post St San Francisco, CA 94108.
03/22 - SF Weekly’s Drink 2018 Tasting Party - Get 3 hours of open bar sampling from 20+ breweries, wineries and distilleries including Sierra Nevada, Ballast Point, Tito’s Vodka, Humphry Slocombe, mini Moscow Mules, absinthe, gin, rum, popsicles and many more alcohol and food partners to be announced plus complimentary light appetizers, BFF.fm DJs and more. City Nights: Bart from Millbrae station to Montgomery St. station. Walk 2 minutes to 2nd St & Stevenson St. Take bus 12 to Harrison St & 3rd St. Walk 1 minute to 715 Harrison St San Francisco, CA 94107.
03/23 - “Off the Grid” Friday Night Food Truck Party & Beer Garden - More than 30 food vendors in a huge circle with a full bar and bands and DJs in the middle? Now that’s a party; it’s also California’s largest weekly street food market. Fort Mason Center: Bart from Millbrae station to Montgomery St. station. Walk 4 minutes to Sutter St & Kearny St. Take bus 30 to Chestnut St & Laguna St. Walk 8 minutes to 2 Marina blvd San Francisco, CA 94123.
03/24 - San Francisco’s “March For Our Lives” - Rally at City HallInstead of crying they are speaking. Instead of mourning they are protesting. And instead of waiting, the children of Stoneman Douglas High School are begging for Your help. The event begins at Civic Center Plaza at 1pm. San Francisco City Hall: Bart from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 5 minutes to 1 Dr. Carlton Goodlett Pl San Francisco, CA 94102.
03/25 - 2018 Macy’s Flower Show: Opening Day - The annual Macy’s Flower Show is a stunning celebration of flowers, food, art and music at Macy’s Union Square. For 2018 the theme is “Once Upon A Springtime.” Macy's (Union Square): Bart from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 4 minutes to 170 O'Farrell St San Francisco, CA 94102.
3/19 - 3/23 - GDC18 Game Developers Conference 2018 - GDC is the world's largest professional game industry event. Join game designers, programmers, artists, producers, and business professionals for 5 days of unparalleled education, inspiration and networking for the global game development community.
Moscone Convention Center: 747 Howard St.- BART to Powell St., walk 0.4 miles.
1/27 - 5/27 - Designed in California - Exploring the shifting landscape of design in California since the digital revolution, this exhibition focuses on designs that are human-centered, socially conscious, and driven by new technological capacity. Retreating from the commercialism of Modernism’s “good design for all,” California designers in the 1960s and 70s sought to design with more political, social, and environmental awareness. SFMOMA: BART to Powell St, walk to 3rd St 0.3 miles
2/10 - 5/28 - Casanova: The Seduction of Europe - Casanova: The Seduction of Europe explores the eighteenth century across Europe through the eyes of one of its most colorful characters, Giacomo Casanova. Gathering together paintings, sculpture, works on paper, furnishings, porcelain, silver, and period costume, The Seduction of Europe will bring the visual wealth of Casanova’s world to life. Legion of Honor: Bart to Daly City, Bus 57 - Lakeshore Plaza, walk to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd, Bus 18 - Legion of Honor, walk to 34th Ave
03/19-03/25 - Beyond the Surface: Worldwide Embroidery Traditions - Beyond the Surface: Worldwide Embroidery Traditions presents a selection of embroidered costumes and accessories from around the world to explore their distinguished craftsmanship and unique social and cultural connotations. De Young Museum: Bart from Millbrae staton to Glen Park station. Walk 1 minute to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 to Music Concourse Dr. Walk 3 minutes to 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr
03/24 - Divine Bodies Presents: Body and Expression - CALI & CO dance performs “Everybody,” a series of reflections and embodied explorations on ritual, divinity and supernatural qualities. With a cast of ten dancers and original live music performed by Matt Langlois/Matt EL, the work explores the sacred art traditions of Asia. “Everybody” travels through the museum, bridging artistic ideas of divinity and spirituality of the past and of today. The dancing body has a unique charge that brings everyday movement into the extraordinary. Join us on this journey of movement research, ritual and transformation. Asian Art Museum: Bart from Millbrae Station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco, CA 94102.
2018 Mexican National Team U.S. Tour
World Cup-bound Iceland has been selected as Mexico's opponent for the upcoming National Team U.S. Tour at Levi's® Stadium on Friday, March 23. Mexico and Iceland have previously faced off in three separate matches, with the Mexican National Team holding a 1-0-2 advantage.
From The Dylan Hotel - Caltrain to Mountain View, VTA to Levi's Stadium.
San Francisco Giants
April 3, 2018.... Opening Day!!!!!
San Francisco Giants VS Seattle Mariners
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to AT&T Park....
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 – 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour – ½ Day
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Victorian Houses,
Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach and Presidio National Park
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Muir Woods – Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean–style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Super Combo Tour – Full Day
Includes San Francisco, Sausalito, and Muir Woods Tour. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Victorian Houses, Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach, Presidio National Park, Muir Woods National Monument and Sausalito
Adults: $109 / Seniors: $105 / Children: $58
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods’ Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2-½ hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours – Full Day
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's -famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish. Then stroll, shop, dine and relax at Historic Sonoma Plaza with shops and restaurants. Tour operates Daily.
Adults: $91 / Seniors: $89 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel - Full Day
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
You will pass by the rocky shores of Pacific Grove; wind through 17 mile Drive with stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses; Del Monte Forest; Pebble Beach and your final destination, Carmel by the sea with its downtown shopping district, beautiful beaches and historic Mission.
Adults: $97 / Seniors: $95 / Children: $56
with: Monterey Bay Aquarium
Adults: $127 / Seniors: $125 / Children: $76
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman’s Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco