Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
02/19 - AMC Free Movie Night: Best Picture Nominee “Get Out” - In celebration of the one-year anniversary of Get Out, Jordan Peele and Universal Pictures invite you to attend a Free Presidents Day Screening of Get Out, Monday, February 19, 2018 at 7 pm. AMC Metreson 16: Bart to Powell St. Walk to Market St. and 5th St. Take the F bus to Market St. and 4th. Walk to 101 4th St. San Francisco, CA.
02/20 - Noise Pop Photo Retrospective - Now in its 26th year, Noise Pop has brought early exposure to many emerging artists in the Bay Area and beyond, many of whom have gone on to widespread acclaim like the White Stripes, Modest Mouse, The Flaming Lips, The Shins, Bright Eyes, and more. The Royale: Bart to Montgomery Station. Walk to Market St. and Sansome St. Take bus 38 to Geary Blvd & Leavenworth St. Walk to 800 Post St.
02/21 - The Emporium’s Arcade Olympics: Foosball - Sign up for the Emporium Olympics, a 2-week game tournament that runs simultaneously with the actual Olympics 2018 featuring arcade games, pool, pinball, air hockey, Donkey Kong and more… and with tons of prizes. Emporium San Francisco: Bart to Civic Center Station. Walk to Market St. and Hyde St. Take Bus 21 to Hayes St. and Divisadero St. Walk to 616 Divisadero St.
02/22 - Ocean Avenue Arts Bazaar: Handmade Items by Local Artists - Ocean Avenue Association is working with the SF Arts Commission’s Street Artists Program for this event, which is funded by District 7 Supervisor Norman Yee’s Participatory Budgeting program. Unity Plaza: Bart to Balboa Park Station. Walk to 1002 Ocean Ave. San Francisco, CA
2/23 - “Message in a Bottle 2018” Gallery Artist Opening & Free Refreshments - Message in a Bottle is a grassroots community art event full of ocean themed art, installations, and activities for all ages happening on Friday to Sunday, February 23-25, 2018. Palace of fine arts: Bart to Civic Center Station. Walk to McAllister St. and Hyde St. Take bus 30 to Richardson Ave. & San Francisco St. Walk to Palace of Fine Arts.
2/23 - “Under the Fog” Monthly Indie Showcase - Come and listen to an indie showcase on the West Plaza featuring local musicians and bands every last Friday of the month from 6:30-9:00 pm. Ghirardelli Square: Bart to Powell St. Walk to Powell St. & Market St. Take trolley to Hyde St. & North Point St. Walk to Ghirardelli Square 900 Point St.
2/24-2/252018 Chinese New Year Street Fair - Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of Chinatown. The Chinatown Community Street Fair takes place the weekend of the Chinese New Year Parade and is an opportunity to experience Chinese cultural arts such as Chinese folk dancing, opera, drumming and much more. Portsmouth Square: Bart to Montgomery Station. Walk to Kearny St. and Sutter St. Take bus 8 to Kearny St. and Clay St. Walk to 733 Kearny St.
2/24 - TreasureFest Mardi Gras Special - The TreasureFest is a modern urban market for 15,000+ each month that houses around 400 curated vendors selling originally-made and designed items, artists, and antique/vintage collectors. Treasure Island Flea Market: Bart to Embarcadero Station. Take bus 7 to Beale St. Walk to Beale St. and Folsom St. Take bus 25 to Avenue H & California St. Walk to Treasure Island Flea Market
2/24 - “Message in a Bottle 2018” Open House & Craft Day - Message in a Bottle is a grassroots community art event full of ocean themed art, installations, and activities for all ages happening on Friday to Sunday, February 23-25, 2018. Palace of fine arts: Bart to Civic Center Station. Walk to McAllister St. and Hyde St. Take bus 30 to Richardson Ave. & San Francisco St. Walk to Palace of Fine Arts.
2/25 - 2018 Hot Air Music Festival: Celebration of Contemporary Music - The ninth annual Hot Air Music Festival will take place at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music on Sunday, February 25, 2018. It’ll be a full day of music by Up-and-coming composers and ensembles. Admission is free of charge. Conservatory of Music: Bart to 16th St Mission. Walk to Mission St. and 16th St. Take bus 49 to Market St. & South Van Ness Ave. Walk to 50 Oak St.
2/17-2/21 - Biophysical Society - As science becomes increasingly interdisciplinary, the Biophysical Society Annual Meeting continues its long-held reputation for bringing together leading scientists from the all over the world who work at the interface of the life, physical, and computational sciences. Moscone Convention Center: 747 Howard St.- BART to Powell St., walk 0.4 miles.
1/27 - 5/27 - Designed in California - Exploring the shifting landscape of design in California since the digital revolution, this exhibition focuses on designs that are human-centered, socially conscious, and driven by new technological capacity. Retreating from the commercialism of Modernism’s “good design for all,” California designers in the 1960s and 70s sought to design with more political, social, and environmental awareness. SFMOMA: BART to Powell St, walk to 3rd St 0.3 miles
2/10 - 5/28 - Casanova: The Seduction of Europe - Casanova: The Seduction of Europe explores the eighteenth century across Europe through the eyes of one of its most colorful characters, Giacomo Casanova. Gathering together paintings, sculpture, works on paper, furnishings, porcelain, silver, and period costume, The Seduction of Europe will bring the visual wealth of Casanova’s world to life. Legion of Honor: Bart to Daly City, Bus 57 - Lakeshore Plaza, walk to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd, Bus 18 - Legion of Honor, walk to 34th Ave
Spirit of the Flame Challenge
February 23–25, 2018
Attend California’s Premier Gymnastics Event featuring high level competition with top gymnastics teams from the USA and around the world. There will be fun for everyone with competitions, special events and/or prizes for athletes.
San Mateo County Event Center is just 6 miles driving distance from The Dylan Hotel
America's Greatest Dance Competition
March 9-11, 2018
If you’re looking for the largest, most glamorously fun dance competition in the world, you’ve come to the right place! You can find us at all of the biggest and best venues all across the country — we are in over 40 cities a year! You might leave our competition covered in glitter, but we guarantee you’ll also leave with the best memories you’ll have all year (until your next Showstopper event, that is!)
San Mateo Event Center: Caltrain to Hayward Park, walk to 1346 Saratoga Dr. San Mateo, CA
2018 Mexican National Team U.S. Tour
World Cup-bound Iceland has been selected as Mexico's opponent for the upcoming National Team U.S. Tour at Levi's® Stadium on Friday, March 23. Mexico and Iceland have previously faced off in three separate matches, with the Mexican National Team holding a 1-0-2 advantage.
From The Dylan Hotel - Caltrain to Mountain View, VTA to Levi's Stadium.
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 – 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour – ½ Day
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Victorian Houses,
Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach and Presidio National Park
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Muir Woods – Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean–style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Super Combo Tour – Full Day
Includes San Francisco, Sausalito, and Muir Woods Tour. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, Victorian Houses, Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach, Presidio National Park, Muir Woods National Monument and Sausalito
Adults: $109 / Seniors: $105 / Children: $58
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods’ Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2-½ hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours – Full Day
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's -famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish. Then stroll, shop, dine and relax at Historic Sonoma Plaza with shops and restaurants. Tour operates Daily.
Adults: $91 / Seniors: $89 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel - Full Day
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
You will pass by the rocky shores of Pacific Grove; wind through 17 mile Drive with stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses; Del Monte Forest; Pebble Beach and your final destination, Carmel by the sea with its downtown shopping district, beautiful beaches and historic Mission.
Adults: $97 / Seniors: $95 / Children: $56
with: Monterey Bay Aquarium
Adults: $127 / Seniors: $125 / Children: $76
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman’s Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco