San Francisco Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
10/7 - $5 Warriors Open Practice at Chase Center - The Golden State Warriors will hold Open Practice at Chase Center on Monday, October 7 at 6:30 p.m. All tickets are $5, with ticket proceeds benefitting the Warriors Community Foundation.$5.00Chase Center: BART from Millbrae to 16th St Mission BART Station. Walk 1 min to 16th & Mission St. Bus 55 to 3rd St & Gene Friend Way. Walk 2 mins to 300 Warriors Way San Francisco.
10/8 - PIER 39’s Fleet Week Celebration - PIER 39 invites you to celebrate Fleet Week with a five-star line-up in honor of the men and women of the Nation’s armed forces, October 8 – 13, 2019. Pier 39: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 1 min to Market & Main St. Bus F to The Embarcadero & Stockton St. Walk 1 min to Pier 39.
10/9 - Free Navy Ship Tours Wednesday - Look up in the sky when you hear the roaring of jet engines and head down to SF’s northern waterfront and Dogpatch for San Francisco’s annual Fleet Week airshow and festival. Pier 32: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 1 min to Market & Main St. Bus F to The Embarcadero & Stockton St. Walk 1 min to Pier 32.
10/10 - Fleet Week 2019: Blue Angels Arrival & Practice - Look up in the sky when you hear the roaring of jet engines and head down to SF’s northern waterfront and Dogpatch for San Francisco’s annual Fleet Week airshow and festival. Marina & Fillmore: BART from Millbrae to 16th St Mission BART Station. Walk 1 min to 16th & Mission St. Bus 22 to Fillmore & Bay St. Walk 5 mins to Marina Blvd & Fillmore St San Francisco.
10/11 - Parade of Ships Under Golden Gate Bridge - Look up in the sky when you hear the roaring of jet engines and head down to SF’s northern waterfront and Dogpatch for San Francisco’s annual Fleet Week airshow and festival. Crissy Field: BART from Millbrae to Daly City. Walk 1 min to Daly City BART Station. Bus 28 to Richardson Ave & Lyon St. Walk 11 mins to 1199 E Beach St San Francisco.
10/12 - Free Navy Ship Tours for Fleet Week - Look up in the sky when you hear the roaring of jet engines and head down to SF’s northern waterfront and Dogpatch for San Francisco’s annual Fleet Week airshow and festival. Pier 32: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 1 min to Market & Main St. Bus F to The Embarcadero & Stockton St. Walk 1 min to Pier 32.
10/13 - 14th Annual Dancing Feathers Youth Powwow, Arts & Crafts - The Friendship House presents the 13th Annual Dancing Feathers Youth Powwow featuring American Indian arts and crafts booths, powwow dancers, drum groups, information booths about American Indian organizations, and food and refreshments for sale. Thomas Edison Charter Academy: BART from Millbrae to 24th St Mission. Walk 13 mins to 3531 22nd St San Francisco.
7/20-11/10 - Strange Days: Dada, Surrealism, and the Book - Strange Days: Dada, Surrealism, and the Book brings together rarely seen work from several of the greatest artists of the twentieth century, including Pablo Picasso, Max Ernst, Man Ray, Joan Miró, Louise Bourgeois, and others. Legion of Honor: BART from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daly City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco.
9/27-12/8 - Changing and Unchanging Things: Noguchi and Hasegawa in Postwar Japan - U.S.-born sculptor and designer Isamu Noguchi (1904–1988) and Japanese painter, theorist and teacher Saburo Hasegawa (1906–1957) both reacted to the catastrophic effects of the war by questioning how art could balance tradition and modernity, Japanese culture and foreign influences, past and present. Asian Art Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco.
8/24-10/27 - Elise S. Haas - Elise S. Haas’s bequest of a large part of her modern art collection to SFMOMA in 1990 transformed the museum’s modern holdings. Featuring over forty paintings, sculptures, and works on paper created in the first half of the twentieth century by such artists as Constantin Brancusi, Henri Matisse, Henry Moore, Pablo Picasso, and Diego Rivera, this exhibition reveals how Haas built her personal collection and, in turn, contributed to shaping SFMOMA’s. SF MOMA: BART from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco.
10/12-10/15 - American Academy of Opthalmology - For specific event information, you're welcome to contact email@example.com Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 5 PM, PST. Otherwise it will be forwarded at the opening of the next business day. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
10/27 - San Francisco 49ers VS Carolina Panthers
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to Mountain View, take VTA, walk 5 minutes to Levi's Stadium
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $59 / Children: $33
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $81 / Children: $50
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch at the Historic Downtown Sonoma Square
Adults: $135 / Children: $70
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $105 / Children: $57
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $145 / Children: $97
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco