San Francisco Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
2/11 - San Francisco $1 Food Festival - Ritual (ritual.co) is running a $1 Food Festival in South Beach beginning Monday, February 11, 2019. Ritual is a consumer app and web platform that enables customers to order ahead and skip the line at their favorite restaurants in their local neighborhood. South Beach: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 1 min to the Embarcadero & Brannan St. Walk 4 mins to South Beach San Francisco.
2/12 - Hamilton at the Orpheum Theater - It's the story of Alexander Hamilton, one of our founding fathers. In this musical, his story is told through song and rap with a vibrant cast of characters. Orpheum Theatre: BART from Millbrae to Civic Center. Walk 1 min to SHN Orpheum Theatre. 1192 Market St San Francisco.
2/13 - Dandelion Chocolate: Factory Tour & Guided Tasting - Mmmm… chocolate! Four days a week, Dandelion Chocolates offer $5 factory tours (with tastings) and they’ll send you off with a hot chocolate gift card so you can end your experience on an extra chocolatey note. Dandelion Chocolate: BART from Millbrae to 16th St Mission BART station. Walk 7 mins to 740 Valencia St San Francisco.
2/14 - Anti-Valentine's Day '80S Power Ballad- Sing-A-Long - Some of us just can’t stand Valentine’s Day. Fortunately, there is an entire genre of music made just for our pain, and it just happens to also be the best music ever: POWER BALLADS. Sing along to music videos by Journey, Guns ‘n Roses, Bon Jovi, Warrant, and many many more. Hosted by Lulu Cachoo! Roxie Theatre: BART from Millbrae to 16th St Mission BART station. Walk 3 mins to Roxie Theatre 3117 16th St San Francisco.
2/15 - “Best of SF” Stand-Up Comedy Night - San Francisco has long been home to an electric comedy scene and has spawned some of the biggest names in stand-up from Margaret Cho to Patton Oswalt, in addition to current up and coming stars like Vahé Hove and Chris Schiappacasse. Variety Preview Theatre: BART from Millbrae to Montgomery. Walk to Variety Preview Theatre 582 Market St San Francisco.
2/16 - SF Ballet - The Fifth Season, Snowblind, Etudes. SF Ballet: BART from Millbrae to Powell Street. Walk 1 min to Market & Powell St. Bus 5 to Mcallister St & Van Ness Ave. Walk 3 mins to San Francisco Ballet.
2/17- “Crazy Funny Asians” Comedy Showcase - Inspired by the blockbuster movie, see some of the Bay Area’s top comedians at San Francisco’s Crazy Funny Asians comedy showcase, presented by Funcheap and HellaFunny. Let’s celebrate the Bay’s Asian-American culture and heritage with laughs. Neck of the woods: BART from Millbrae to Glen Park Station. Walk 1 min to Bosworth & Diamond St. Buss 44 Clement St. Walk 1 min to 406 Clement St San Francisco.
11/3-2/24 - Jewels of the Maharajas from The Al Thani Collection - This exhibition explores the cultural and material exchanges between India and Europe through jewelry and precious objects ranging from the seventeenth century to the present. It features more than 150 pieces made in India or Europe associated with Mughal emperors, maharajas, and their courts. Legion of Honor: BART from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daily City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco.
11/10-2/24 - Art and China after 1989 - Bracketed by the end of the student protests in Tiananmen Square in 1989 and the Beijing Olympics in 2008, Art and China after 1989: Theater of the World presents works by more than sixty artists and artists’ groups that anticipated, chronicled, and agitated for the sweeping social transformation that saw the rise of China as a global power in the new millennium. SF MOMA: BART from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco.
11/17 - 4/7 - Gauguin: A Spiritual Journey - In the first exhibition at the Fine Arts Museums dedicated to the work of Paul Gauguin (1848–1903), an exceptional display of more than fifty Gauguin paintings, wood carvings, and ceramics from the renowned collections of the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen, will be on view for the first time in San Francisco. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
2/8-5/5 - Kimono Refashioned - In the early 1980s, Japanese avant-garde designers took Paris by storm, disrupting the world of haute couture with their minimalist, deconstructed clothing. But this was not the first time that Japanese design principles had transformed international fashion. Asian Art Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco.
2/5-2/7 - SPIE Photonics West 2019 - Join us at the second annual conference, featuring must-see presentations and demonstrations from the biggest names in consumer electronics and up-and-coming XR companies. This two-day event includes courses, panel discussions, free demonstrations, a student design challenge, and the opportunity to network with leading companies looking for talent. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
IBM Interconnect 2019
February 12-16, 2019
Sharpen your skills. Get hands-on experience with the latest technology. Extend your professional network into one of the world's most celebrated communities of technologists and thought leaders. And have some fun while you're at it.
Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
Chinese New Year Parade 2019!!!
Saturday, February 23 at 5:15pm.
At the corner of 2nd and Market Streets. It then weaves its way through Chinatown and ends at Jackson and Kearny Streets.
The Dylan is only 5 minutes walking distance from BART station.
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $58 / Children: $33
San Francisco & Muir Woods Tour
Start by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge to the Muir Woods Forest, and end with a panoramic city tour of San Francisco for an unforgettable day!
- The Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito
Adults: $112 / Children: $60
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $68 / Children: $36
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch and shopping in Yountville
Adults: $105 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $89 / Children: $49
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $118 / Children: $73
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco