San Francisco Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
11/25 - Grace Cathedral’s “Grace Light” 100-foot Tall Light Art - San Francisco-based nonprofit Illuminate and Grace Cathedral present Grace Light, a site-specific, large-scale immersive light installation created by George Zisiadis, with an original score composed by Gabriel Gold. Grace Cathedral: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 2 mins to California & Drumm St. Trolley to California & Taylor St. Walk 1 min to 1100 California St San Francisco.
11/26 - Pre-Thanksgiving Farmers Market Day - Satisfy your last-minute Thanksgiving feast needs at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market on Tuesday, November 26. You’ll find farms and vendors from CUESA’s farmers markets, including the Tuesday regulars along with some special pop-ups to make for a unique, delicious, and truly local Thanksgiving. Ferry Building: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 3 mins to Ferry Building San Francisco.
11/27 - 12 ft. Tall “Enchanted Sugar Castle” Unveiling: Free Coffee & Cookies - The Westin St. Francis Executive Pastry Chef Jean-François Houdré will unveil his signature 12-feet rotating holiday sugar castle in the Landmark Lobby of The Westin St. Francis on Wednesday, November 27th at 11:00 am. Westin St. Francis: BART from Millbrae to Powell Street station. Walk 5 mins to 335 Powell St San Francisco.
11/28 - Free Admission on Thanksgiving Day - The San Francisco Botanical Garden is one of the most diverse gardens in the world. A unique urban oasis, the garden is a living museum within Golden Gate Park, offering 55 acres of both landscaped gardens and open spaces, and showcasing over 8,500 different kinds of plants from around the world. San Francisco Botanical Garden: BART from Millbrae to Daly City. Walk 1 min to Daly City BART station. Bus 28 to Cross Over Dr & Lincoln St. Walk 1 min to 1199 9th Ave San Francisco.
11/29 - The Best of Winter in The Bay: Snow Days, Holiday Lights & Ice Rinks - Winter is coming. Get into the holiday spirit by embracing the best of winter by gazing at dazzling holiday lighting displays, twirling around a pop-up outdoor ice rink, indulging in seasonal produce, playing in the snow. All Over Bay Area.
11/30 - Free Union Square Ice Skating Lessons - Don’t know how to skate? Kaiser Permanente is inviting beginner skaters to the Safeway Holiday Ice Rink in Union Square presented by Alaska Airlines to come learn from professional skate instructors every weekend. Union Square: BART from Millbrae to Powell Street Station. Walk 5 mins to Union Square San Francisco.
12/1 - All of SF’s Free Monthly Museum Days - Whether the economy is strong or sour, most of the museums in San Francisco and the Bay Area throw their doors open once a month to allow free admission to all comers.
9/1-11/30 - In Focus: Photography at SFMOMA - One of the first American museums to recognize photography as an art form, SFMOMA now has the largest space permanently devoted to photography in any U.S. art museum. We invite you to join one of our Museum Guides and explore the world in new ways through this ever-changing medium. San Francisco MOMA: BART from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco.
9/27-12/8 - Changing and Unchanging Things: Noguchi and Hasegawa in Postwar Japan - U.S.-born sculptor and designer Isamu Noguchi (1904–1988) and Japanese painter, theorist and teacher Saburo Hasegawa (1906–1957) both reacted to the catastrophic effects of the war by questioning how art could balance tradition and modernity, Japanese culture and foreign influences, past and present. Asian Art Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco.
10/12 - 2/9/21020 - James Tissot: Fashion & Faith - James Tissot was one of the most celebrated artists of his time, yet today, less is known about him than his contemporaries, the Impressionists. This first major reassessment of Tissot’s career offers West Coast audiences a rare glimpse at the fascinating life and dazzling art of a man who captured an era. Legion of Honor: BART from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daly City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco.
11/9-3/15/2020 - Soul of a Nation: Art in the Age of Black Power 1963–1983 - This internationally acclaimed exhibition, organized by Tate Modern, celebrates art made by Black artists during two pivotal decades when issues of race and identity dominated and defined both public and private discourse. The de Young’s presentation includes a focus on Bay Area artists whose work promoted personal and cultural pride, collective solidarity and empowerment, and political and social activism. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
11/28 - 12/02 - San Francisco International Auto Show - See over 30 of the world’s major manufacturers like McLaren, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin and Maserati at San Francisco International Auto Show. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
Golden State Warriors Schedule
11/25 - Golden State Warriors VS Oklahoma City Thunder
12/9 - Golden State Warriors VS Memphis Grizzlies
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to Chase Center
12/15 - San Francisco 49ers VS Atlanta Falcons
12/21 - San Francisco 49ers VS Los Angeles Rams
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to Mountain View, take VTA, walk 5 minutes to Levi's Stadium
2019 Pac-12 Football Championship Game
Friday, December 6 at 5PM
The Oregon Ducks have clinched the Pac-12 North Division and are headed to the 2019 Pac-12 Football Championship Game at Levi's® Stadium.
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to Mountain View, take VTA, walk 5 minutes to Levi's Stadium
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $59 / Children: $33
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $81 / Children: $50
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch at the Historic Downtown Sonoma Square
Adults: $135 / Children: $70
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $105 / Children: $57
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $145 / Children: $97
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco