San Francisco Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
9/16 - Final Day: Free Alcatraz Photo Exhibit - Together with Alcatraz Cruises, Hilton Union Square San Francisco and Parc 55 Hotel will be the new, temporary homes of the “Alcatraz: Life on the Rock” and “Alcatraz: The Last Day” exhibits. Union Square: BART from Millbrae to Powell Street. Walk 3 mins to 333 Post St San Francisco.
9/17 - Chelsea Wolfe Free In-store Concert - Join Chelsea Wolfe at Amoeba SF for a solo acoustic set and signing of her new album, Birth of Violence (out 9/13 on Sargent House). Buy the new album at Amoeba SF and get it signed after her performance. Amoeba Music: BART from Millbrae to Civic Center. Walk 1 min to Market & Hyde St. Bus 7 to Haight & Stanyan St. Arrive at 1855 Haight St San Francisco.
9/18 - LinkedIn’s Creativity Explored Artmaking & Gallery Pop-up - Linkedin is featuring artwork from local nonprofit, Creativity Explored, with all of the proceeds going to their artists. This space serves as a vital connection point for Bay Area nonprofits to achieve their missions and better connect with Linkedin and their Social Impact programs. Incommon Community Space: BART from Millbrae to Montgomery. Walk 5 mins to 222 2nd St San Francisco.
9/19 - Free Shakespeare in the Park - For the 37th season of Shakespeare in the Park, SF Shakes will present a production of “As You Like It.” Jerry Garcia Amphitheatre: BART from Millbrae to Balboa Park. Walk 1 min to Geneva Ave/Balboa Park BART. Bus 54 to University & Woolsey St. Walk 6 mins to 50 John F Shelley Dr San Francisco.
9/20 - 2019 San Francisco Greek Festival Kick Off - Whether you dream of visiting the Acropolis in Athens, or swimming off the shores of sunny Mykonos, you can get a taste of Greece at Annunciation Cathedral’s own A Taste of Greece, the only Greek festival in San Francisco. Annunciation Cathedral: BART from Millbrae to 16th St Mission BART station. Walk 8 mins to 245 Valencia St San Francisco.
9/21 - San Francisco 4th Garden Resource Day - Get your garden ready and join for a free community garden events this fall, including the fourth Garden Resource Day of the year at the Golden Gate Park Community Garden (780 Frederick Street) from 10 am to 1 pm on Saturday, September 21, 2019 that will feature free compost, plant starts and more. Golden Gate Park: BART from Millbrae to Civic Center. Walk 1 min to Market & Hyde St. Bus 7 to Fredrick St & Arguello Blvd. Arrive at 780 Fredrick St San Francisco.
9/22 - New Year Family Festival: Live Music & Food Drive - Kick off the new school year and the Jewish New Year at the JCCSF! Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, celebrates the preciousness of our lives and begins a ten-day period of self-reflection that culminates with Yom Kippur. Jewish Community Center: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 1 min to Market & Front St. Bus 2 to California St & Presidio Ave. Arrive at 3200 California St San Francisco.
7/13-10/6 - Ed Hardy: Deeper than Skin - The first museum retrospective of renowned tattoo artist and California native Ed Hardy tracks his goal of elevating the tattoo from its subculture status to an important visual art form. The exhibition surveys Hardy’s life in art that has as its inspiration both traditional American tattooing and Japan’s ukiyo-e era culture. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
7/20-11/10 - Strange Days: Dada, Surrealism, and the Book - Strange Days: Dada, Surrealism, and the Book brings together rarely seen work from several of the greatest artists of the twentieth century, including Pablo Picasso, Max Ernst, Man Ray, Joan Miró, Louise Bourgeois, and others. Legion of Honor: BART from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daly City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco.
9/27-12/8 - Changing and Unchanging Things: Noguchi and Hasegawa in Postwar Japan - U.S.-born sculptor and designer Isamu Noguchi (1904–1988) and Japanese painter, theorist and teacher Saburo Hasegawa (1906–1957) both reacted to the catastrophic effects of the war by questioning how art could balance tradition and modernity, Japanese culture and foreign influences, past and present. Asian Art Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco.
8/24-10/27 - Elise S. Haas - Elise S. Haas’s bequest of a large part of her modern art collection to SFMOMA in 1990 transformed the museum’s modern holdings. Featuring over forty paintings, sculptures, and works on paper created in the first half of the twentieth century by such artists as Constantin Brancusi, Henri Matisse, Henry Moore, Pablo Picasso, and Diego Rivera, this exhibition reveals how Haas built her personal collection and, in turn, contributed to shaping SFMOMA’s. SF MOMA: BART from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco.
9/16-9/18 - Oracle World - Engage in Free-Flowing Ideas, Be Inspired by Tomorrow's Technology. Join Us September! Hear Larry Ellison Live. Product & Tech Solutions. Improve Coding Efficiency. Build Next Gen Apps. Experts, Demos, Sessions. Services: Learn Best Practices, Networking Lounges. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
9/24-9/26 - San Francisco Giants VS Colorado Rockies
9/27-9/29 - San Francisco Giants VS Los Angeles Dodgers
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to 4th and King, walk 5 minutes to Oracle Park
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $59 / Children: $33
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $81 / Children: $50
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch at the Historic Downtown Sonoma Square
Adults: $135 / Children: $70
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $105 / Children: $57
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $145 / Children: $97
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco