San Francisco Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
7/8 - Cyberpunk Cinema Night: “Sleep Dealer” - Cyberpunk Cinema, by Thrillhouse Records, presents cyberpunk movie classics at The Knockout in the Mission every second Monday of the month from 6:30-9 pm. The Knockout: BART from Millbrae to 24th St Mission. Walk 10 mins to 3223 Mission St San Francisco.
7/9 - Free Chick-fil-A Day: “Cow Appreciation Day” - For one day only, black and white spots, cow bells and furry ears will be appropriate attire at Chick-fil-A restaurants all across the nation for Free Chick-fil-A Day on July 10, 2018 from opening until 7 pm. All Chik-Fil-A locations.
7/10 - Dandelion Chocolate: Factory Tour & Guided Tasting - On the tour, you’ll taste cacao as it is being processed, from cocoa beans to liquid chocolate, and they’ll guide you through a tasting of their single origin bars. Dandelion Chocolate Factory: BART from Millbrae to 16th St Mission BART station. Walk 7 mins to 740 Valencia St San Francisco.
7/11 - 7/13 - “Flower Piano” 12 Hidden Pianos in Golden Gate Park - Sunset Piano, in partnership with San Francisco Botanical Garden, will once again bring over a dozen pianos to the spectacular 55 acre Botanical Garden in Golden Gate Park for the fourth incarnation of our interactive music festival, Flower Piano. Golden Gate Park: BART from Millbrae to Daly City station. Walk 1 min to Daly City BART station. Bus 28 to 19th Ave & Irving St. Walk 4 mins to 1199 9th Ave San Francisco.
7/12 - Friday Night Outdoor Roller Skate DJ Party: “Midnight Rollers” - So meet up with this active group of night owls for a unique, late-night adventure around the city complete with songs you can skate to – usually with lots of breaks built in for catching your breath and socializing. And for the adventurous, there’s often skating down the escalators down into BART. Ferry Building: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 3 mins to Ferry Building.
7/13 - Bohemian Rhapsody (Sing-Along) Outdoor Movie Night - Sit on the Field, enjoy a pre-show performance by The Killer Queens (the world’s only, and San Francisco’s own, all-female tribute to Queen), sing along to Queen’s hits while watching a special cut of the film Bohemian Rhapsody (Sing-Along) Outdoor Movie Night. Oracle Park: From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to 4th and King, walk 5 minutes to Oracle Park
7/14 - LaborFest 2019: Coit Tower Mural Walk - LaborFest is an annual festival celebrating the history and culture of working people through film, art, lectures, and exhibits all over the Bay Area from July 2-31, 2019. Coit Tower: BART from Millbrae to Montgomery. Walk 2 mins to Kearny & Geary St. Bus 8 to Columbus Ave & reen St. Walk 10 mins to Coit Tower.
5/31-8/18 - Tattoos in Japanese Prints - The colorful dragon you saw writhing on the arm of your barista this morning. The bold lion surrounded by peonies inked on the torso of that guy at the gym. Maybe the snake circling your own ankle. Did you know tattoos like these can be traced back to a famous series of 19th-century Japanese woodblock prints, which was itself inspired by a popular 14th-century Chinese martial-arts novel? Asian Art Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco.
3/21-9/6 - Earthquake 1906: Photographs by Arnold Genthe - Berlin-born photographer Arnold Genthe (1869–1942) was an established member of San Francisco’s art community when disaster struck on April 18, 1906. Although he was physically unharmed in the great earthquake (estimated at 7.8 on the Richter scale), Genthe lost the contents of his studio, including his photographic equipment and most of his negatives, in the inferno that swept through the city. Legion of Honor: BART from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daly City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco.
7/13-10/6 - Ed Hardy: Deeper than Skin - The first museum retrospective of renowned tattoo artist and California native Ed Hardy tracks his goal of elevating the tattoo from its subculture status to an important visual art form. The exhibition surveys Hardy’s life in art that has as its inspiration both traditional American tattooing and Japan’s ukiyo-e era culture. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
5/19-9/2 - Andy Warhol—From A to B and Back Again - Stretching across three floors of SFMOMA, featuring a dozen works unique to this museum, and building on a wealth of new materials, research, and scholarship that has emerged since the artist’s untimely death in 1987, this exhibition reveals new complexities about the Warhol we think we know, and introduces a Warhol for the 21st century. SF MOMA: BART from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco.
7/9-7/11- SEMICON West - SEMICON West is where the industry goes to keep up with developments in a world that is rapidly moving BEYOND SMART — and where it goes to find the information and resources it needs to keep the good times rolling. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
7/18-7/21 - San Francisco Giants VS New York Mets
7/22-7/24 - San Francisco Giants VS Chicago Cubs
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to 4th and King, walk 5 minutes to Oracle Park
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $59 / Children: $33
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $81 / Children: $50
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch at the Historic Downtown Sonoma Square
Adults: $135 / Children: $70
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $105 / Children: $57
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $145 / Children: $97
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco