Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
10/15 - 2018 “Red Bull Heavy Water” Epic SUP Challenge - Red Bull Heavy Water, the most intense stand up paddling event in the world, will return as part of the 2018 APP World Tour circuit, with the event window beginning on Monday, October 15. Free admission. Ocean Beach: BART from Millbrae to Powell St.Walk 1 minute to Market & Powell St. Bus 5 to La Playa & Fulton St. Walk 4 minutes to 1000 Great Hwy S. F.
10/16 - Roller Skate Party “Disco Down Dolores”: This is the newer fresher rollerskate dance scene of San Francisco based in Dolores Park. Meet them from 2pm to 6pm every Saturday at Dolores Park Mulituse Court. They love rollerskates and blades alike. Free admission. Dolores Park: BART from Millbrae station to 16th St Mission BART Station. Walk 15 minutes to Dolores Park Dolores St & 19th St S.F.10/17“Terror Vault” Haunted Houseart theatre, part haunted maze, and part escape room, Terror Vault is a brand new fully-immersive Halloween haunted attraction from the insane mind of Peaches Christ. S.F. Mint: BART from Millbrae to Powell St. Walk 4 minutes to 88 5th St S.F.
10/18 - Civic Center’s 2018 Third Thursday “Commons Block Party”: The Commons on Third Thursdays will activate UN Plaza, Fulton Street and Civic Center Plaza with three stages of music, food trucks, bars, bocce ball and other activities held on four nights, once a month through October, from 5 to 9 pm. Free admission. Civic Center Plaza: BART from Millbrae to Civic Center. Walk 4 minutes to 335 McAllister St S.F.
10/19 - Zumba in the Park: Halloween Fitness Dance Party - Come party yourself into shape with free Zumba® classes, Halloween Edition. Zumba® is a latin-inspired, easy-to-follow calorie-burning dance-fitness party on Friday, October 19, 2018. Free admission. Hall of Flowers: BART from Millbrae to Glen Park. Walk 1 minute to Bosworth & Diamond St. Bus 44 to 9th Ave & Lincoln. Walk 2 minutes to 1199 9th Ave S.F.
10/20 - 30th Annual San Francisco “Old Car Picnic”: Celebrate the 30 years of San Francisco Old Car Picnic (formerly Jimmy’s Old Car Picnic) showing off cars from 1987 or older at Hellman Hollow (Speedway Meadow) in Golden Gate Park. Free admission. Golden Gate Park: BART from Millbrae to Powell St. Walk 1 min to Market & Powell St. Bus 5 to Fulton St & Arguello Blvd. Arrive at Golden Gate Park.
10/21 - Exploratorium Community Free Day: The Exploratorium is a twenty-first-century learning laboratory, an eye-opening, always-changing, playful place to explore and tinker featuring hundreds of science, art, and human perception exhibits.Free admissionExploratorium: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 1 min to Market & Main St. Bus F to The Embarcadero & Green St. Walk 2 mins to Pier 15 The Embarcadero S.F.
8/19-12/31 - Native Artists of Western North America - Native Artists of Western North America celebrates the acumen, artistry, and aesthetic practices of indigenous Americans from across the West. The works on view span a period of more than eight-hundred years and encompass incredibly diverse peoples and places from the American Southwest to the Pacific Coast to the northern Artic regions of the United States and Canada. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
9/22-1/19 - Contemporary Muslim Fashions - Contemporary Muslim Fashions is the first major museum exhibition to explore the complex, diverse nature of Muslim dress codes worldwide. The exhibition examines how Muslim women—those who cover their heads and those who do not—have become arbiters of style within and beyond their communities, and in so doing have drawn mass media attention to contemporary Muslim life. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
7/21-10/21 - Susan Meiselas Mediations - From war and human rights to cultural identity and domestic violence, Susan Meiselas’s (American, b. 1948) work covers a wide range of subjects and countries. This retrospective brings together projects from the beginning of her career in the 1970s to the present day, including her iconic portraits of carnival strippers, vivid color images of the conflicts in Central America in the 1980s, and an ongoing investigation into the history and aftermath of the Kurdish genocide. SF MOMA: BART from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco.
8/25-1/27/19 - Islam and the Classical Heritage - From the legendary life and exploits of Alexander the Great (known as Iskandar in the Islamic tradition) to the insights of Islamic mathematicians who first introduced the concept of algebra (al-jabr), this exhibition brings a larger awareness of how authors, philosophers, and scientists of the Islamic world spread and transformed classical knowledge through the medium of illustrated manuscripts. Legion of Honor: Bart from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daly City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco
5/19-10/28 - René Magritte - René Magritte (1898–1967) was one of the most intriguing painters associated with Surrealism, but he did not fully find his voice until after breaking ties with the movement. This exhibition, the first to look exclusively at Magritte’s late career, examines his most important bodies of work from the 1940s through the 1960s, and shows how they marked a fundamental shift in painting from Modernism to our own time. SF MOMA: Bart from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco
10/22-10/25 - Oracle Openworld 2018 - Moscone Center is proud to welcome back Oracle's event, Oracle OpenWorld! Follow the event on Twitter at #OOW18. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
Grand National Rodeo 2018!!!!
The 2018 Grand National Livestock, Horse Show and Rodeo will be Galloping Back into town on October 12th-13th & 19th-20th!
This year we are excited to celebrate the 72nd anniversary of the Grand National Livestock Exposition, Horse Show and Rodeo!
From The Dylan Hotel
HIGHWAY 101 North, take “Bayshore Blvd/Cow Palace” Exit 426 A, continue onto Bayshore Blvd., following Bayshore Blvd. (north) for approximately 3 miles. Turn left on Geneva Avenue. Cow Palace will be up Geneva on the left.
San Francisco 49ers
October 21th, 2018
Los Angeles Rams VS San Francisco 49ers
Levi's® Stadium: Caltrain South to Mountain View. Take the VTA to Santa Clara - Great America. Walk 8 minutes to Levi's Stadium
ORACLE Open World 2018!!!
October 22-25, 2018
At Oracle OpenWorld you will be surrounded by the new, the cutting-edge, and the sometime unfamiliar. From today’s most-trusted products to tomorrow’s technologies, you will leave infused with inspiration, new ideas and relationships.
Moscone Center: Bart from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco, CA 94103.
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $58 / Children: $33
San Francisco & Muir Woods Tour
Start by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge to the Muir Woods Forest, and end with a panoramic city tour of San Francisco for an unforgettable day!
- The Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito
Adults: $112 / Children: $60
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $68 / Children: $36
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch and shopping in Yountville
Adults: $105 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $89 / Children: $49
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $118 / Children: $73
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco