Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
11/12 - Forever Nerdy: Special Memoir Evening with Comedian/Actor Brian Posehn - The Bindery hosts a special evening with comedian, actor, and forever nerd Brian Posehn for his new memoir Forever Nerdy: Living My Dorky Dreams and Staying Metal. The Bindery: BART from Millbrae to Civic Center. Walk 1 min to Market & Hyde St. Bus 7 to Haight & Stanyan St. Walk 2 min to 1727 Haight St
11/13 - Free Admission Day - San Francisco Botanical Garden - The San Francisco Botanical Garden is one of the most diverse gardens in the world. A unique urban oasis, the garden is a living museum within Golden Gate Park, offering 55 acres of both landscaped gardens and open spaces, and showcasing over 8,000 different kinds of plants from around the world. S.F. Botanical Garden: BART from Millbrae to Daily City. Walk 1 min to Daily City BART station. Bus 28 to Crossover Dr & Lincoln St. Walk 1 min to 1199 9th St
11/14 - Dash Robot Racing Competition - Dash robot races are making another appearance. A robot racing competition will be held at South San Francisco Main Library on Wednesday, November 14th at 4 pm. SSF Main Library: BART from Millbrae to South SF station. Bus 122 to Arroyo Dr & El Camino Real. Walk 6 min to 840 W Orange Ave South
11/15 - The Chocolate & Art Show - The Chocolate and Art Show takes over SOMArts Cultural Center for two days of live body painting, face-painting, live music, vendors, and most importantly, free chocolate from 8 pm to 11:59 pm. SOMArts Cultural Center: BART from Millbrae to Civic Center. Walk 2 min to 8th & Market St. Bus 19 to 8th & Brannan St. Bus 19 to 8th & Brennan St. Walk 1 min to 934 Brennan St S.F.
11/16 - 2018 Winter Fireworks & Embarcadero Center Lighting - Kickstart the holiday season with awesome winter fireworks and enjoy the Embarcadero Center’s 32nd Annual Building Lighting Ceremony when more than 17,000 lights illuminate the San Francisco skyline on four iconic buildings and magical fireworks light up the sky. Justin Herman Plaza: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 1 min to 1 Market St S.F.
11/17 - Free Ice Skating Lessons in Union Square - Don’t know how to skate? Kaiser Permanente is inviting beginner skaters to the Safeway Holiday Ice Rink in Union Square presented by Alaska Airlines to come learn from professional skate instructors every weekend. Union Square Park: BART from Millbrae to Powell St. Walk 3 min to Union Square 333 Post St S.F.
11/18 - “Crazy Funny Asians” Comedy Showcase - Inspired by the blockbuster movie, see some of the Bay Area’s top comedians at San Francisco’s Crazy Funny Asians comedy showcase, presented by Funcheap and HellaFunny. Let’s celebrate the Bay’s Asian-American culture and heritage with laughs. Neck of the Woods: BART from Millbrae to Glen Park.Walk 1 min to Bosworth & Diamond St. Bus 44 to 6th Ave & Clement St. Walk 1 min to 406 Clement St S.F.
8/19-12/31 - Native Artists of Western North America - Native Artists of Western North America celebrates the acumen, artistry, and aesthetic practices of indigenous Americans from across the West. The works on view span a period of more than eight-hundred years and encompass incredibly diverse peoples and places from the American Southwest to the Pacific Coast to the northern Artic regions of the United States and Canada. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
9/22-1/19 - Contemporary Muslim Fashions - Contemporary Muslim Fashions is the first major museum exhibition to explore the complex, diverse nature of Muslim dress codes worldwide. The exhibition examines how Muslim women—those who cover their heads and those who do not—have become arbiters of style within and beyond their communities, and in so doing have drawn mass media attention to contemporary Muslim life. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
8/25-1/27/19 - Islam and the Classical Heritage - From the legendary life and exploits of Alexander the Great (known as Iskandar in the Islamic tradition) to the insights of Islamic mathematicians who first introduced the concept of algebra (al-jabr), this exhibition brings a larger awareness of how authors, philosophers, and scientists of the Islamic world spread and transformed classical knowledge through the medium of illustrated manuscripts. Legion of Honor: Bart from Millbrae station to Daily City station.Walk 1 minute to Daily City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco
11/3-2/24 - Jewels of the Maharajas from The Al Thani Collection - This exhibition explores the cultural and material exchanges between India and Europe through jewelry and precious objects ranging from the seventeenth century to the present. It features more than 150 pieces made in India or Europe associated with Mughal emperors, maharajas, and their courts. Legion of Honor: BART from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daily City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco.
9/7-12/30 - Painting Is My Everything - With precise skill and bold artistic vision, the 17 contemporary artists included in this exhibition, many of them women, employ a centuries-old regional styles to express personal experiences and viewpoints. Asian Art Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco.
11/10-2/24 - Art and China after 1989 - Bracketed by the end of the student protests in Tiananmen Square in 1989 and the Beijing Olympics in 2008, Art and China after 1989: Theater of the World presents works by more than sixty artists and artists’ groups that anticipated, chronicled, and agitated for the sweeping social transformation that saw the rise of China as a global power in the new millennium. SF MOMA: BART from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco.
11/18 - The Liver Meeting 2018 - AASLD - The Liver Meeting 2018 is sponsored by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
San Francisco 49ers
November 12, 2018
New York Giants VS San Francisco 49ers
Levi's® Stadium: Caltrain South to Mountain View. Take the VTA to Santa Clara - Great America. Walk 8 minutes to Levi's Stadium
Small Business Day
November 24th, 2018
In an effort to support local shops that make our communities strong, Small Business Day is Saturday November 24, 2018!!!!
Shop Small and bring more holiday shopping to small businesses!!!!!
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $58 / Children: $33
San Francisco & Muir Woods Tour
Start by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge to the Muir Woods Forest, and end with a panoramic city tour of San Francisco for an unforgettable day!
- The Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito
Adults: $112 / Children: $60
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $68 / Children: $36
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch and shopping in Yountville
Adults: $105 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $89 / Children: $49
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $118 / Children: $73
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco