San Francisco Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
3/18 - Learn Salsa in 2019! Salsacrazy Mondays Salsa Lesson Salsa Dance Party - A rare open house, and salsa dance class at San Francisco's crazyiest Monday Night .Fun and Social, Step by Step dance lessons - you'll LOVE IT. Neck of the Woods: BART from Millbrae to Glen Park. Walk 1 min to Bosworth & Diamond St. Bus 44 to 6th Ave & Clement St. Walk 1 min to 406 Clement St San Francisco.
3/19 - Yoga Play - At the top of their game, yoga apparel giant Jojomon is hit with a terrible scandal that sends them into freefall. Desperate to recover their earnings and reputation, newly hired CEO Joan stakes everything on an unlikely plan. Yoga Play is a journey towards enlightenment in a world determined to sell it. San Francisco Playhouse: BART from Millbrae to SF Intl Airport. Bus yellow to Powell St. Walk 7 mins to 45 Post St San Francisco.
3/20 - Super Smash Bros Ultimate Tournament - Is your game strong? Then come and prove it. The tournament starts 7 pm. Free to enter. Prizes for 1st and 2nd place. Laughing Monk Brewing: BART from Millbrae to San Francisco Airport. BART yellow to Balboa Park. Walk 2 mins to Ocean Ave. Bus 29 to Fitzgerald Ave & Keith St. Walk 3 mins to 1439 Egbert Ave San Francisco.
3/21 - Digital Surgery Summit - The future of surgery will be shaped by a host of factors, from the rise of artificial intelligence to the evolution of hardware and sensors. Incredible leaps are being made in computing power, miniaturization and connectivity, empowering surgeons to reduce risks and improve patient outcomes. Palace Hotel: BART from Millbrae to Montgomery. Walk 1 min to 2 New Montgomery St San Francisco.
3/22 - Opera for Laughs - San Francisco Opera's Dramaturg Kip Cranna will share video clips of some of his favorite amusing moments in opera to explore what makes comic opera truly funny. Jewish Community Center of San Francisco: BART from Millbrae to Montgomery. Walk 1 min to Sutter & Sansome St. Bus 3 to Presidio Ave & California St. Walk 1 min to 3200 California St San Francisco
3/23 - Chris Felver’s “Ferlinghetti” Film Screening - Come to the “Ferlinghetti” film screening followed by in-person interview with the filmmaker, Chris Felver, by Peter Maravelis/City Lights on March 23, 2019. Roxy Theater: BART from Millbrae to 16th St Mission. Walk 3 mins to 3117 16th St San Francisco.
3/26 - Paraguay vs Mexico National Football Team - Levi’s® Stadium has once again been selected as a venue for the 17th edition of the annual #MexTour that will kick-off 2019 with a pair of California matches in March. Mexico will take on Paraguay at Santa Clara’s Levi’s® Stadium. Paraguay is led by former Mexico Manager Juan Carlos Osorio, who led Mexico from 2015-2018, posting a record of 33 wins, nine losses and ten draws. Levi's Stadium: Caltrain from Millbrae to San Jose Diridon. Take bus 48 to Santa Clara Great America. Walk 4 mins to Levi's Stadium.
11/17 - 4/7 - Gauguin: A Spiritual Journey - In the first exhibition at the Fine Arts Museums dedicated to the work of Paul Gauguin (1848–1903), an exceptional display of more than fifty Gauguin paintings, wood carvings, and ceramics from the renowned collections of the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen, will be on view for the first time in San Francisco. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
2/8-5/5 - Kimono Refashioned - In the early 1980s, Japanese avant-garde designers took Paris by storm, disrupting the world of haute couture with their minimalist, deconstructed clothing. But this was not the first time that Japanese design principles had transformed international fashion. Asian Art Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco.
3/21-9/6 - Earthquake 1906: Photographs by Arnold Genthe - Berlin-born photographer Arnold Genthe (1869–1942) was an established member of San Francisco’s art community when disaster struck on April 18, 1906. Although he was physically unharmed in the great earthquake (estimated at 7.8 on the Richter scale), Genthe lost the contents of his studio, including his photographic equipment and most of his negatives, in the inferno that swept through the city. Legion of Honor: BART from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daly City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco.
4/8-4/11 - Google NEXT - We’re bringing together some of the brightest minds in tech for three days of networking, learning, and problem solving. Connect with thousands of IT professionals and executives across industries while engaging in deeper technical content, hands-on learning, and more access to Google experts than ever. Whether you’re an engineer, entrepreneur, or somewhere in between — discover the endless opportunities to be inspired at Google Cloud Next ’19. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
GDC19 Game Developer Conference
March 18-22, 2019
The Game Developers Conference (GDC) is the world's largest professional game industry event.GDC brings together 28,000 attendees to exchange ideas and shape the future of the industry with five days of education, inspiration, and networking at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco.
Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
2019 Mexican National Team VS. Paraguay
March 26th, 2019
Levi’s® Stadium has once again been selected as a venue for the 17th edition of the annual #MexTour that will kick-off 2019 with a pair of California matches in March. Mexico will take on Paraguay at Santa Clara’s Levi’s® Stadium. Paraguay is led by former Mexico Manager Juan Carlos Osorio, who led Mexico from 2015-2018, posting a record of 33 wins, nine losses and ten draws.
Levi's Stadium: Caltrain to Mountain View, VTA to Santa Clara, walk two minutes to Levi's Stadium
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $58 / Children: $33
San Francisco & Muir Woods Tour
Start by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge to the Muir Woods Forest, and end with a panoramic city tour of San Francisco for an unforgettable day!
- The Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito
Adults: $112 / Children: $60
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $68 / Children: $36
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch and shopping in Yountville
Adults: $105 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $89 / Children: $49
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $118 / Children: $73
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco