Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
1/21 - MLK Day San Francisco History Walks - Tour starting times range from 9:30 am to 2 pm and there are 40 different tours for you to choose from over the long weekend including Pacific Heights Mansions, Omni Hotel Walk, Fort Mason To Aquatic Park, Downtown Deco, Billionaire’s Row: Outer Broadway Architecture, 1906: Earthquake And Fire and many more.
1/22 - Be a Movie Extra - The production team is seeking music loving extras in their 20s and 30s to be Kid Cudi concertgoers in a new film by the writers and creators of the The Hangover.
1/23 - 2019 San Francisco Restaurant Week - SF Restaurant Week is a 9-day celebration of our world-class dining community when frugal foodies get to eat their way through nearly 130 restaurants around San Francisco. Participating restaurants will offerspecial prix-fixe menus to showcase their passion for sharing great food with diners. All over San Francisco
1/24 - $1 Well Shots on Thursday Nights - Would you Believe Bar is bringing back $1 Well Shots and College Night Specials on Thursdays from 10 pm to Midnight for a limited time only. Would you Believe Bar: BART from Millbrae to Powell St. Walk 6 minutes to Geary & Powell St. Bus 38 to Geary Blvd & Van Ness Ave. Walk 1 miin to 652 Geary Blvd
1/25 - Free “Oysters on the Half Shell” Fridays - El Rio, a neighborhood dive in the deep Mission, gives away free Oysters on the half shell from local folks in Tomales Bay, every Friday at 5:30 pm. Arrive on time, they go fast. And get your drink on with happy hour on Friday from 5-8 pm with pints and well drinks for $3. El Rio: BART from Millbrae to 24th St Mission. Walk 8 mins to 3158 Mission St
1/24 - Exploratorium After Dark: Radioactive - Feed your head every Thursday night at After Dark at the Exploratorium. Savor unique, thought-provoking series for adults—plus, grab dinner and drinks by the Bay, play with hundreds of hands-on exhibits, crawl through their pitch-black Tactile Dome, and explore. Pier 15: BART from Millbrae to Embarcadero. Walk 1 min to Bosworth & Diaond St. Bus 44 to 9th Ave & Lincoln Way. Walk 1 min to Pier 15
1/27 - Wild Rock ‘n Roll Set: Tom Kenny & The Hi-Seas - Amoeba Music regularly welcomes traveling and local artists for in-store performances at their San Francisco and Berkeley locations. Amoeba Music: BART from Millbrae to Civic Center. Walk 1 min to Market & Hyde St. Bus 7 to Haight & Stanyan St. Arrive at 1855 Haight St
11/3-2/24 - Jewels of the Maharajas from The Al Thani Collection - This exhibition explores the cultural and material exchanges between India and Europe through jewelry and precious objects ranging from the seventeenth century to the present. It features more than 150 pieces made in India or Europe associated with Mughal emperors, maharajas, and their courts. Legion of Honor: BART from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daily City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco.
11/10-2/24 - Art and China after 1989 - Bracketed by the end of the student protests in Tiananmen Square in 1989 and the Beijing Olympics in 2008, Art and China after 1989: Theater of the World presents works by more than sixty artists and artists’ groups that anticipated, chronicled, and agitated for the sweeping social transformation that saw the rise of China as a global power in the new millennium. SF MOMA: BART from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco.
11/17 - 4/7 - Gauguin: A Spiritual Journey - In the first exhibition at the Fine Arts Museums dedicated to the work of Paul Gauguin (1848–1903), an exceptional display of more than fifty Gauguin paintings, wood carvings, and ceramics from the renowned collections of the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen, will be on view for the first time in San Francisco. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
2/8-5/5 - Kimono Refashioned - In the early 1980s, Japanese avant-garde designers took Paris by storm, disrupting the world of haute couture with their minimalist, deconstructed clothing. But this was not the first time that Japanese design principles had transformed international fashion. Asian Art Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco.
2/5-2/7 - SPIE Photonics West 2019 - Join us at the second annual conference, featuring must-see presentations and demonstrations from the biggest names in consumer electronics and up-and-coming XR companies. This two-day event includes courses, panel discussions, free demonstrations, a student design challenge, and the opportunity to network with leading companies looking for talent. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
2/12-2/16 - IBM Interconnect 2019 - Sharpen your skills. Get hands-on experience with the latest technology. Extend your professional network into one of the world's most celebrated communities of technologists and thought leaders. And have some fun while you're at it. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
National Auto Dealers Association
January 24-27, 2019
Nada Convention & Expo. Nada Convention & Expo is the auto industry's premier marketplace of products, services and technologies specifically targeted to franchised new car dealerships. Hear industry experts speak about important subjects at the workshops. Interact with peers on hot topics in the Exchange.
Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $58 / Children: $33
San Francisco & Muir Woods Tour
Start by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge to the Muir Woods Forest, and end with a panoramic city tour of San Francisco for an unforgettable day!
- The Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito
Adults: $112 / Children: $60
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $68 / Children: $36
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch and shopping in Yountville
Adults: $105 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $89 / Children: $49
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $118 / Children: $73
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco