San Francisco Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
1/27 - Movies through a Peephole: Ritualized Days - The Peephole Cinema is pleased to announce the opening of Ritualized Days. The cycles of life through habits, rituals, and routines. When it seems the world is spinning out of control politically, socially and environmentally, one might look to keeping a regular constitutional to square meaning and perspective. Peephole Cinema: BART from Millbrae to San Francisco International Airport. Take BART Yello to Antioch and get off on 24th St Mission. Walk 5 mins to 280 Orange Alley San Francisco.
1/28 - Free Nepalese Food “Curry Without Worry” - Golden Gate Park 150th Anniversary Tree Planting. Golden Gate Park: BART from Millbrae to Daly City. Walk 1 min to Daly City BART. Bus 28 to Park Presidio Blvd & Fulton St. Walk 1 min to Fulton St & Park Presidio Blvd. Bus 5 to La Playa & Fulton St. Walk 3 mins to 1690 John F Kennedy Dr San Francisco.
1/30 - Exploratorium After Dark: Radioactivity - Feed your head every Thursday night at After Dark at the Exploratorium. Savor unique, thought-provoking series for adults—plus, grab dinner and drinks by the Bay, play with hundreds of hands-on exhibits, crawl through their pitch-black Tactile Dome, and explore. Pier 15: Caltrain from Millbrae to King & 4th St. Bus to The Embarcadero & Green St. Walk 3 mins to Pier 15 The Embarcadero San Francisco.
1/22 - 1/31 - 2020 San Francisco Restaurant Week - SF Restaurant Week is a 10-day celebration of our world-class dining community when frugal foodies get to eat their way through nearly 130 restaurants around San Francisco. Participating restaurants will offer special prix-fixe menus to showcase their passion for sharing great food with diners. All Over San Francisco
2/1 - All of SF’s Free Monthly Museum - Dayset up close and personal and meet the best of breeds as 1,000 dogs from over 100 breeds from around the world compete at the largest benched dog show in the West. It’s your chance to ask questions from owners, breeders and adoption groups on how to select and care for the right dog for you and your family. All Over San Francisco
2/2 - Super Bowl Sunday Party: 50-Foot HD Screen - Hey San Francisco are you ready for some Football? If you are as amped for the big game as we are then you already know Emporium SF is the place to be for the ultimate viewing experience. Emporium San Francisco: BART from Millbrae to Civic Center. Walk 1 min to Market & Hyde St. Bus 6 to Divisadero & Haight St. Walk 6 mins to 616 Divisadero St San Francisco.
10/12 - 2/9/21020 - James Tissot: Fashion & Faith - James Tissot was one of the most celebrated artists of his time, yet today, less is known about him than his contemporaries, the Impressionists. This first major reassessment of Tissot’s career offers West Coast audiences a rare glimpse at the fascinating life and dazzling art of a man who captured an era. Legion of Honor: BART from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daly City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco.
10/26-2/17/2020 - Soft Power - The exhibition SOFT POWER is about the ways in which artists deploy art to explore their roles as citizens and social actors. Appropriated from the Reagan-era term used to describe how a country’s “soft” assets such as culture, political values, and foreign policies can be more influential than coercive or violent expressions of power, the title contemplates the potential of art and offers a provocation to the public to exert their own influence on the world. SF MOMA: BART from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco.
11/9-3/15/2020 - Soul of a Nation: Art in the Age of Black Power 1963–1983 - This internationally acclaimed exhibition, organized by Tate Modern, celebrates art made by Black artists during two pivotal decades when issues of race and identity dominated and defined both public and private discourse. The de Young’s presentation includes a focus on Bay Area artists whose work promoted personal and cultural pride, collective solidarity and empowerment, and political and social activism. de Young Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
11/26-3/22/2020 - Lost at Sea Art Recovered from Shipwrecks - U.S.born sculptor and designer Isamu Noguchi (1904–1988) and Japanese painter, theorist and teacher Saburo Hasegawa (1906–1957) both reacted to the catastrophic effects of the war by questioning how art could balance tradition and modernity, Japanese culture and foreign influences, past and present. Asian Art Museum: BART from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to 200 Larkin St San Francisco.
2/2-2/6 - SPIE Photonics West - Exhibitions & Conferences on Photonics to Cater Your Research. Contact Us! Advancing Light. Connecting Minds. Courses: Materials and Devices, Imaging and Analytics, Advanced Sensing+Imaging, Next Gen Sensors, Optical Engineering, Snapshot Courses. Moscone Center: BART from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscene Center 747 Howard St San Francisco.
Golden State Warriors Schedule
2/08 - Golden State Warriors VS Los Angeles Lakers
2/10 - Golden State Warriors VS Miami Heat
2/20 - Golden State Warriors VS Houston Rockets
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to Chase Center
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods.
- Land’s End, Sutro Baths & the Pacific Ocean
- Golden Gate Bridge & Golden Gate Park
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
Adults: $59 / Children: $33
Muir Woods - Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
Adults: $81 / Children: $50
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's - famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish.
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Drive over Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area and Alcatraz
- Picturesque drive through Napa Valley and Sonoma vineyard country
- Wine tour and tasting at three wineries
- Lunch at the Historic Downtown Sonoma Square
Adults: $135 / Children: $70
Monterey & Carmel Tour
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
- Pacific Grove
- Coastal 17-Mile Drive
- Stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses
- Explore Monterey and Cannery Row
- Enjoy Del Monte Forest and Pebble Beach
- Stop at Carmel by the Sea, with its downtown shopping district, and historic Mission.
Adults: $105 / Children: $57
- Option to include a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- Adults: $145 / Children: $97
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco