Events & Tours
Upcoming San Francisco Bay Area Events
8/13 - Salesforce Park Free Outdoor Yoga - Get fit for free Al Fresco with classes provided by FITNESS SF. No pre-registration or membership required – just show up. Salesforce Park: Bart from Milbrae station to Embarcadero station. Walk 3 minutes to 425 Mission St San Francisco, CA 94105.
8/14 - Salesforce Park Free Toddler Tuesdays - Join Toddler Tuesdays in the Children’s Play Area weekly on Tuesdays at 10 am for fun in the sun with rotating activities entertainment like storytime, magic, and games. Salesforce Park: Bart from Milbrae station to Embarcadero station. Walk 3 minutes to 425 Mission St San Francisco, CA 94105.
8/15 - Free Chai Tea Day on Indian Independence Day - Kasa Indian Eatery is celebrating Indian Independence Day by giving away a free Chai. Last year, they gave away free chai to customers who checked in on Facebook at any of the Kasa locations from Noon to 9 pm. We expect it to be the same this year. Kasa Indian Eatery (Castro): Bart from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 2 minutes to Metro Civic Center station. Take shuttle to Castro station. Walk 4 minutes to 4001 18th St San Francisco, CA 94114.
8/16 - Civic Center’s 2018 Third Thursday “Commons Block Party” - The Commons on Third Thursdays will activate UN Plaza, Fulton Street and Civic Center Plaza with three stages of music, food trucks, bars, bocce ball and other activities held on four nights, once a month through October, from 5 to 9 pm. Civic Center Plaza: Bart from Millbrae station to Civic Center station. Walk 6 minutes to 355 McAllister St San Francisco, CA 94102.
8/17 - “The San Francisco’s Classic” Vintage Scooter Rally - In celebration of this two-wheeled heritage, San Francisco’s “Black Sheep Scooter Club” is putting together “The San Francisco Classic,” a three day vintage scooter rally all over San Francisco. All over San Francisco.
8/18 - 2018 Nomadic Nectar Burner PlayaWear Sale: Final 2 Day Sale - Ready for the ultimate treasure trove of fun, affordable, and unique costumes for BM and beyond? The first Nomadic Nectar PlayaWear Sale of 2018 is here. You’ll get first pick on all the new styles for this season, gems for year around that express your creativity and style, hundreds of furry coats and amazing vintage for men, women, unisex, everyone – all genders, all sizes, a full power creative rainbow of goodness. All over San Francisco.
8/18 - Bay Area Brew Festival -8/18 - Bay Area Brew Festival - The Bay Area Brew Festival returns for its sixth year, bringing back dozens of breweries, hundreds of beers, food trucks, dj, photobooth, and much more!. Pier 35: Bart from Millbrae to Embarcadero, walk to Market St & Main St, take MUNI F - Fisherman's Wharf, exit The Embarcadero & Bay St, walk to Pier 35.
8/18-8/19 - Polk St. Blues Festival - San Francisco is known for its love of the blues. After years of producing our Blues Festival on Polk Street, approximately 5 years ago, we needed to move the event to Martinez, CA. and change the name to the Bay Area Blues Festival. We are excited to be bringing the festival back to Polk Street! Polk Street: Bart from Millbrae to Civic Center, walk to 7th St & Market St, take bus 19 - Beach Street, walk to Polk St & Sacramento St
8/19 - Off the Grid’s “Presidio Picnic” Sunday Food Truck Party - San Francisco’s favorite family picnic is back for 2018. Presidio Picnic brings together the best of the Bay Area food scene with the beauty of this national park site and views of the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. Main Post Lawn: Bart from Millbrae station to Montgomery station. Walk 2 minutes to 103 Montgomery St San Francisco, CA 94104.
8/19-12/31 - Native Artists of Western North America - Native Artists of Western North America celebrates the acumen, artistry, and aesthetic practices of indigenous Americans from across the West. The works on view span a period of more than eight-hundred years and encompass incredibly diverse peoples and places from the American Southwest to the Pacific Coast to the northern Artic regions of the United States and Canada. de Young Museum: Bart from Millbrae station to Glen Park station. Walk to Bosworth St & Diamond St. Take bus 44 towards the Richmond District. Walk Concorse Dr 0.1 miles.
6/30-9/30 - Truth and Beauty: The Pre-Raphaelites and the Old Masters - In 1848—a year of political revolution across Europe—seven young Englishmen formed an artistic alliance aspiring to rebel against the contemporary Victorian art world. The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, including William Holman Hunt, John Everett Millais, and Dante Gabriel Rossetti, defied idealized figures popularized by Raphael and other High Renaissance artists to reflect the simplicity, spirituality, and beauty they found in late medieval and early Renaissance art. Legion of Honor: Bart from Millbrae station to Daly City station.Walk 1 minute to Daly City Bart station. Take bus 57 to Skyline Blvd & Sloat Blvd. Arrive at Legion of Honor 100 34th Ave San Francisco, CA 94121.
5/19-10/28 - René Magritte - René Magritte (1898–1967) was one of the most intriguing painters associated with Surrealism, but he did not fully find his voice until after breaking ties with the movement. This exhibition, the first to look exclusively at Magritte’s late career, examines his most important bodies of work from the 1940s through the 1960s, and shows how they marked a fundamental shift in painting from Modernism to our own time. SF MOMA: Bart from the Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 6 minutes to 151 3rd St San Francisco, CA 94103.
8/28-8/30 - Boxworks - From IT decisions that drive business productivity to data protection in the modern cloud stack, there’s something for you, your workplace and your company at BoxWorks 2018. From below, choose the experience that best fits your needs. Moscone Center: Bart from Millbrae station to Powell St station. Walk 7 minutes to Moscone Center 747 Howard St San Francisco, CA 94103.
San Francisco 49ers
August 30th, 2018
San Diego Chargers VS San Francisco 49ers
Levi's® Stadium: Caltrain South to Mountain View. Take the VTA to Santa Clara - Great America. Walk 8 minutes to Levi's Stadium
San Francisco Giants
August 24-26, 2018 ...
San Francisco Giants VS Rangers Texas
From The Dylan Hotel take Caltrain to AT&T Park....
Ed Sheeran Concert
August 21, 2018
AT&T Park San Francisco.
From The Dylan Hotel Caltrain Station is 3 minutes walking distance...
San Francisco and Beyond the Bay Area Tours
Sit, relax and let somebody else do the driving... All tours pick up at our hotel at 7:45- 8:15 AM and drop off at the hotel is between 6:00 - 6:30 PM. See below for tour options and prices. Contact the front desk to make a reservation.
San Francisco City Tour Day
San Francisco is a city of spectacular views, a variety of cultures and quaint neighborhoods. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Victorian Houses,
Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach and Presidio National Park
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Muir Woods Sausalito
Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National Monument, a great destination to view ancient, gigantic redwood trees and the gorgeous coastal forest of Northern California. From there visit Sausalito, a Mediterranean style village that sits right on the bay offering amazing panoramic views of San Francisco.
Adults: $62 / Seniors: $60 / Children: $36
Super Combo Tour Full Day
Includes San Francisco, Sausalito, and Muir Woods Tour. The tour includes:
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Victorian Houses, Golden Gate Park, Palace of Fine Arts, North Beach, Presidio National Park, Muir Woods National Monument and Sausalito
Adults: $109 / Seniors: $105 / Children: $58
Alcatraz tours are very popular and sell-out days in advance during the summer. We recommend that you book in advance and direct at: www.alcatrazcruises.com. This will insure that you get the day and time you want, plus you can print your ticket at home and avoid lines.
A nice option is to take the San Francisco or Muir Woods Tour in the morning (ends by 1:00 PM) and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon or evening. The tour bus can drop you off at Fisherman's Wharf and you can walk to Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz.
The Alcatraz tour takes 2- hours. If you are back to Fisherman's Wharf by 5:00 the tour company can take you back to The Dylan hotel if you arrange this in advance and show your City or Muir Woods Tour receipt. Another easy option is to take BART back to the hotel. BART: Embarcadero (12 minute walk or take the F trolley) to Millbrae (walk 75 yards south to hotel).
Sonoma & Napa Tours-Full Day
Taste your way through the Wine Country. Enjoy spectacular views as you drive through California's -famous premium wine producing region. Visit wineries in both the Sonoma & Napa Valley. You will taste wines at each winery as you learn how the winemakers produce wine from start to finish. Then stroll, shop, dine and relax at Historic Sonoma Plaza with shops and restaurants. Tour operates Daily.
Adults: $91 / Seniors: $89 / Children: $56
Monterey & Carmel - Full Day
Your tour first takes you by the scenic seaside town, Monterey. Watch the seals and sea otters frolic amongst the sea kelp or stroll through the historic Canneries full of shops. Add-on Monterey Bay Aquarium* for a glimpse of the sea life, pet a sting ray, hold a starfish, come eye-to-eye with a sea otter or shark in the 3 story tank.
You will pass by the rocky shores of Pacific Grove; wind through 17 mile Drive with stunning views of the ocean, homes and world-famous golf courses; Del Monte Forest; Pebble Beach and your final destination, Carmel by the sea with its downtown shopping district, beautiful beaches and historic Mission.
Adults: $97 / Seniors: $95 / Children: $56
with: Monterey Bay Aquarium
Adults: $127 / Seniors: $125 / Children: $76
San Francisco Major Attractions
- Alcatraz - Pier 33 - www.nps.gov/alcatraz - 415.561.4900
- Aquarium of the Bay - http://www.aquariumofthebay.com/ - 415.623.5300
- Cable Cars - www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm
- Calif. Academy of Sciences - www.calacademy.org - 415.379.8000
- Chinatown - www.sanfranciscochinatown.com
- City Hall - Civic Center - http://sfgsa.org/i - 415.554.4000
- Coit Tower - http://sfrecpark.org/CoitTower.aspx - 415.249.0995
- Exploratorium - www.exploratorium.edu - 415.528.4444
- Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 39
- Golden Gate Bridge - www.goldengate.org - 415.921.5858
- Golden Gate Park - www.golden-gate-park.com - 415.831.2700
- Haight Ashbury - www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/
- Japanese Tea Garden - http://japaneseteagardensf.com/ - 415.752.1171
- Lombard Street - www.sftravel.com/lombardcrookedstreet.html
- Mission Dolores - www.missiondolores.org - 415.621.8203
- North Beach - Columbus St. - www.sanfrancisco.travel/neighborhood/north-beach/
- Twin Peaks- www.sfrecpark.org/destination/twin-peaks - 415.831.6331
- San Francisco Zoo - www.sfzoo.org - 415.753.7080
- Union Square - www.unionsquareshop.com/categories.html
Convention / Event Venues
- Moscone Convention Center - www.moscone.com - 415.974.4000
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - www.apeconcerts.com - 415.624.8900
- Fillmore Auditorium - www.thefillmore.com - 415.346.6000
- ACT Theatre - www.act-sf.org - 415.749.2228
- Beach Blanket Babylon - www.beachblanketbabylon.com - 415.421.4222
- Golden Gate Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/goldengate - 888.746.1799
- Orpheum Theatre - http://www.shnsf.com/theatres/orpheum - 888.746.1799
- Asian Art - www.asianart.org/ - 415.581.3500
- Cable Car - www.cablecarmuseum.org - 415.474.1887
- De Young - www.deyoungmuseum.org - 415.750.3600
- Legion of Honor - http://legionofhonor.famsf.org - 415.750.3600
- MOMA - www.sfmoma.org - 415.357.4000
- San Francisco Maritime - www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm - 415.561.7100
- National Liberty Ship Memorial - www.ssjerimiahobrien.org - 415.544.0100
- Walt Disney Museum - http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/ - 415.345.6800
Beyond San Francisco
- Sausalito - Sausalito, California - www.sausalito.org
- Tiburon - Tiburon, California - http://tiburonshop.com/
- Muir Woods - Muir Woods, California - www.nps.gov/muwo/index.html
- Stinson Beach - Highway 1, California - http://www.stinsonbeachonline.com
- Napa Napa, California - www.napavalley.com
- Point Reyes - Highway 1, Point Reyes - http://www.pointreyes.org/index.html
- Angel Island - Angel Island - www.angelisland.com - 415.435.3544
- Winchester Mystery House - www.winchestermysteryhouse.com - 408.247.2101
- Los Gatos - www.losgatoschamber.com/
- Santa Cruz - www.santacruzca.org
- Redwood Canopy Tours - www.redwoodcanopytours.com - 831.419.0153
- Monterey/Carmel - www.seemontery.comwww.carmelcalifornia.com
- Hearst Castle - www.hearstcastle.org - 805.927.2020
- Blue and Gold Fleet - Pier 41 - blueandgoldfleet.com - 415.705.8200
- Hornblower Dining Cruises - Pier 3 - hornblower.com/sanfrancisco - 415.788.8866
- Red White Fleet - Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco - www.redandwhite.com - 415.673.2900
- San Francisco Sailing Company - Pier 39, Dock C - www.saifsf.com - 415.378.4887
- San Francisco Tour
- Muir Woods & Sausalito
- Yosemite National Park- One and Two Day
- Tours - Hop on Hop off Tours- San Francisco